Article 1 (Privacy Information)
- Personal information is defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as but not limited to information about an individual that can be used to identify the individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other description contained in the information.
- History information and characteristic information refers to information other than “personal information” as defined above and includes but limited to information such as services used, history of pages viewed, search keywords searched by the user, date and time of use, method of use, usage environment, zip code, gender, occupation, age, user’s IP address, cookie information, location information, and individual device identification information.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Privacy Information)
The Organization collects the history and characteristic information of the user, such as but not limited to the services and software used, the history of pages viewed, keywords searched, date and time of use, usage method, usage environment (including the communication status of the device in the case of use through a mobile device, and various setting information for use), IP address, cookie information, location information, and individual identification information of the device, when the user uses the services or views the pages of the Organization or its partners.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which the Organization collects and uses personal information are as follows:
- Using contact information such as name, address, or email, is to verify the identity of the user, inform, and contact the user when necessary.
- To display the information registered with the Organization on the input screen or to transfer the information to other services (including those provided by our partners) based on the user’s instructions, to enable the user to input data easily.
- To use information necessary for the Organization to provide services to users, such as the content of inquiries and billing information, as well as users’ service usage status and contact information, to respond to inquiries from users.
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
The Organization shall not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the User, except in the following cases permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When required by law.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a national agency, a local government, or a person, or organization entrusted by either of the foregoing in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When the following matters are notified or announced in advance and the purpose of use includes provision to a third party and the items of data to be provided to a third party by Means or methods of provision to a third party
- Stopping the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the individual. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases do not fall under the category of a third party.
- When the Organization entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided as a result of succession of business due to merger or other reasons in cases where personal information is to be used jointly with a specific party, and the individual is notified in advance or the individual is made to know easily about the fact, the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of the parties to be used jointly, the purpose of use of the parties to be used, and the name or title of the party responsible for the management of the personal information.
Article 5 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When the Organization is requested to disclose personal information by an individual, the Organization shall disclose such information to the individual without delay. However, the Organization may decide not to disclose all or part of the personal information if such disclosure would result in any of the following cases, and if the Organization decides not to disclose the personal information, it will notify the person without delay.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
- The disclosure is likely to significantly impede the proper execution of the Organization’s business.
- In other cases where it would violate laws and regulations.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Organization shall not, in principle, disclose any information other than personal information, such as history and characteristics information.
Article 6 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
In the event that the personal information held by the Organization is incorrect, the User may submit a request to the Organization to correct or delete the personal information in accordance with the procedures specified by the Organization. Once the Organization receives a request from the User as described in the preceding paragraph and deems it necessary to respond to the request, the Organization shall correct or delete the personal information without delay and notify the User of such correction or deletion.
Article 7 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
In the event that the Organization is requested by a User to cease using or erase (hereinafter referred to as “Cease of Use”) the Personal Information on the grounds that the Personal Information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use, or that the Personal Information was obtained by wrongful means, the Organization shall do so. Cease of Use on the grounds that the personal information is being used inappropriately or has been obtained by wrongful means; the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay and based on the results of the personal information will be carried out and the individual will be notified. However, in cases where it is difficult to suspend the use of personal information due to high costs or other reasons and where alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the individual can be taken, such alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the user.
Copyright and Disclaimer
In principle, the copyrights to all corporate marks, logos, characters, images, text, program data, etc. on this website belong to the Organization and its affiliates. Therefore, with the exception of Personal Use within the scope of Article 30, Paragraph 1 of the Copyright Act, it is prohibited to copy, modify, lend, distribute, or otherwise divert all or part of this information without the consent of the Organization. In addition, the data that is allowed to be downloaded from this website is allowed to be used only for personal use and the rights of the Organization are not transferred to the user.
Changes to this website and temporary suspension of service provision:
Please note that the Organization may change the content and address (URL) of this website without prior notice. In addition, the provision of this website may be temporarily suspended without prior notice in the event of system maintenance or failure, fire, power outages, earthquakes or other natural disasters, or when it is deemed necessary to temporarily suspend the provision of this website for operational or technical reasons.
While we strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information on this website, we make no warranty, express or implied, regarding the correctness, reliability, accuracy, or any other aspect of the data on this website. In no event shall the Organization be liable for any damages of any kind whatsoever. In addition, the Organization shall not be liable for any damages caused by software or hardware accidents, troubles between users or between users and third parties, or any other accidents resulting from the use of this website.
All matters including disputes related to this website shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
For more information regarding the policy, copyright, disclaimer or inquiries, please contact the following:
Organization: The19th International Symposium on Pediatric Neuro Oncology Family Day Steering Committee(Pediatric Brain Tumor Network Japan)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org